This just in from Elizabeth Gilbert! A Side of Murder is “one of the freshest, funniest murder mysteries I’ve ever read.” Well, that kind of says it all. Oh wait. There’s more: “I fell absolutely in love with Samantha Barnes — the brave, sarcastic, crime-solving, relatable heroine we’ve all been waiting for. A Side of Murder is a rich, satisfying meal that delights from beginning to end, and Amy Pershing is a wonderful and clever author.” Thank you St. Elizabeth of Gilbert!
 
And by the way, friends, City of Girls is out in paperback, so if you haven’t read it, now’s your chance. It’s what the New York Times called “a love- and booze-filled romp” through the theater world of 1940s New York, and it’s SO MUCH FUN. In fact, it was this excerpt from the book that inspired me to write my mysteries: "To my mind, there was never anything better than those simple, enthusiastic revues. They made me happy. They were designed to make people happy.... Because 'Sometimes people just need to think about something else.' Our job was to give them the something else.'"
 
And if ever there was a time to think about something else, now is that time, amiright?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog